・ In Eiroku 11 (1568), Mr. Ouchi expelled Mr. Ishibashi, who is the main family, and played the role of Gekokujo.
・ Tensho 13 (1585): Ouchi Sadatsuna, who succeeded the family reign and continued to go on to the lower ranks, was invaded by Date Masamune and abandoned Miyamori Castle and Obama Castle. I relied on Ashina and escaped to Aizu.
・ Tensho 17 (1589): The Battle of Suriagehara took place at the foot of Mt. Masamune won and Ashina was destroyed.
After that, Ouchi Sadatsuna and Katahira Shintsuna became Sendai feudal lords following Masamune who left Aizu due to Toyotomi Hideyoshi's punishment in Oshu. At this time, the descendant of the younger brother of Sadatsuna who remained in Aizu is our founder, Kyuemon Miyamori.
・ Kyoho 3 (1718) Descendant of Mr. Ouchi and the founder of our company, Kyuemon Miyamori, started a brewing business at Tsuruga Castle Sotobori East Gate Tenningjiguchi, and the name was "Izutsuya" and the sake name was "Ten". Masamune ".
・ In the 8th year of Tenmei (1788), the Aizu clan's chief retainer, Tanaka Harunaka, encouraged the breeding industry and laid the foundation for the traditional industry of Aizu. When the brewing method of sake was improved and better quality sake was produced, Aizu became known as a place for sake.
・ In 1868, the Boshin War broke out after the Battle of Toba-Fushimi, and the new government forces rushed to defeat Matsudaira Katamori, the lord of the Aizu domain who served as the guardian of Kyoto, and the territory of Aizu became a battlefield. The castle was surrounded by flames, and Izutsuya was burned down.
While people were overwhelmed by defeat and war, Kyuemon Izutsuya, the 5th generation, quickly rebuilt the brewery and started brewing sake. The inscription was changed to "Hanaharu" after the Chinese poem "Hanakaishu Kuniharu".
・ In 1943, Wakamatsu Shuzo Co., Ltd. became the Hanaharu Factory due to the consolidation and abolition of companies under the Wartime Control Ordinance.
・ Showa 28 (1953) Wakamatsu Shuzo Co., Ltd. was dissolved and Hanaharu Sake Brewery Co., Ltd. was established. Later, the location of the head office was named Hanaharumachi.
・ 1995 (Heisei 7) Completed Kozashi warehouse in Kozashi-cho, Aizuwakamatsu city.
・ 2005 (2005) Moved the head office and factory from Hanaharumachi. Currently, in Kozashi Town, where Uesugi Kagekatsu built the castle, he is brewing sake surrounded by abundant nature.
・ 2011 (2011) The Great East Japan Earthquake occurred. In addition to partial damage to factories and products, we suffer from reputational damage. Still, many people supported us. We would like to return to the origin of "Hanaharu" and help with the reconstruction of the disaster area.
・ On September 29, 2016, the business was transferred to a new company, and it was reborn as a new Hanaharu Sake Brewery. We look forward to working with you in the future.
In 2018, Hanaharu Sake Brewery will celebrate its 300th anniversary.